This last week was Thanksgiving, and let me tell ya it wasn’t an easy one. This is the first one that my mom lives out of state, we lost my beautiful grandma-in-law on Thanksgiving, and on-top of it all I have some really tough decisions to make at work.
But guess what? I still have more to be thankful about than to worry about – and that’s by choice. Let me share some of my gratitude, and I encourage you to do the same. BTW, there is actual science behind being grateful – check that out here, here, and here.
- Our family was able to come together for Thanksgiving even though we are all grieving
- I have a roof over my head (a fabulous one at that!), a car that is reliable (and gorgeous!), food in the fridge (okay maybe the freezer), gas in my tank, money in my bank account, fast internet, and so many opportunities
- I had the privilege of traveling to celebrate Thanksgiving with my mom and best friend in Portland
- I met some amazing new ladies in Portland that I’ll be working with very soon (more to come on that)
- The Leadership Project is in it’s final week and I’ve gotten so much amazing feedback! And our group has had some awesome success (and new job offers!)!
- My husband and I are in love and healthy
- My doggie is the cutest little lady in the whole world
- I’ve gotten to spend quality time with my niece and nephew recently
- I get to work in some of the coolest coworking spaces EVER with the coolest people ever (shoutout to Her Space and WeWork!)
- And I have the privilege of working with you ladies at least every week!
It’s a beautiful thing and I know that no matter how much heaviness, pain, confusion, fear, worry, etc. may come into my life that I can always find TONS to be grateful for and that is how we live happy, healthy lives as great leaders.
So What Now?
Share with us in the comments what you’re thankful for! 🗣
Talk soon 👋🏻